The City of Mitchellville invites you to learn more about our city government, if you have any questions we will do our best to provide information and assistance. Most records are available with a few exceptions provided for in Iowa Code Chapter 22, after filling out this form, and paying any fees that may be required.
City Hall is the link between the residents of the community and their government. The clerk’s office is the historian of the community for the recorded City history. The services provided by the city hall include but are not limited to:
- Greet all city hall visitors, answer telephone calls, providing accurate answers to questions and directs visitors/callers to appropriate departments.
- The preparation of City Council agendas, public notices, and City Council minutes.
- The recording of all contracts, bonds, City ordinances, and other legal documents.
- The Clerk’s office collects/assists/issues with Building permits, parking ticket violations, reserve shelter houses at the city park, and other fees/licenses/permits such as: liquor license, cigarette license and peddlers permit.
- The recording of all financial transactions of the city, and safeguarding the city’s assets.
- Maintain cemetery records.
- Accounts payable, payroll, bond proceeds, city debt, and numerous accounting transactions.
- Preparing an annual budget, annual financial report, street finance report, and capital improvement plans.
- Utility billing and collections for water, wastewater, garbage, and recycling.
- New customer utility updates, work orders for services, irrigation meters, and water meters.
- Perform duties with respect to elections as required by the Code of Iowa and the City Municipal Code.
City Offices are closed on the following days:
New Year’s Day
Day after Thanksgiving
Day After Christmas
City of Mitchellville: Contact Information
City of Mitchellville
204 Center Avenue N
Mitchellville, IA 50169